Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fabulous at Fifty


A huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear sweet daddy! Hard to believe he is 50 years young! He still plays hockey, golfs all the time, and has the energy to deal with everything else. I am so lucky to be his daughter. Dad is not one for parties and surprises so what did my mom do for his birthday....more golf! I am so sad that Taylor and I couldn't be in Boise to share this special day with my daddy, but I think the gift of a grandson in a few weeks will have to do! Two quick stories to tell you.
First: Back last November (when we knew we were pregnant and still weren't telling anyone) my dad called to see if we wanted to go on a 3 or 4 day horseback riding trip. Knowing that we would be gracing him with his grandson we tried to weasel our way out of it (but dying because we would LOVE to go!) I think I said things along the lines of "Well, we don't know our schedlue" and "I don't think we can afford it" (knowing that we really wouldn't have to pay for it :) ). I think Dad was a little confused, considering one year for my birthday I asked to go on a horseback trip.

Second: In December, when we went to Boise for Christmas, we wrapped up some baby camo clogs to make "the announcement". Anyone who knows my dad knows he loves his crocs. He even wears them to church...the fleece lined, more appropriate ones of course. Dad has also gotten Gavin his own camo onsie, and a few days ago called and said, "I bought Gavin a present today." I responded, "That's nice. What is is." To which my dad said, "A wireless router". I think he was just making sure that Gavin would be able to video chat with Grandpa!
We love our Daddy Mike, and soon to be grandpa. We hope his birthday is tons of fun (but not too much fun cause we can't be there!) LOVE YOU DAD!

No comments: