Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Draper Reception

The whole wedding party. Taylor's family, my family and my cousins Erin and Jill.

Tay and my dad cutting up strawberries for the ice cream bar.
Taking a break and putting my cousin Bridgette to sleep. Don't worry, we won't have one of these for a while. Sorry moms!

After a long (but wonderful) morning, we left the temple and headed to my Aunt Ronna's house to help set up for the reception. Well at least we tried to help. Every time we asked what we could do we were told to sit down and relax. So much for that. It was fun to see all the projects Erin, Ronna and I worked on up around the yard. I had planned all these details and was so excited to see them work together.
Me and my Daddy

Tay and his Mom
We figured the Draper reception would be fairly small, mostly family and a few close friends. We were very surprised by the turn out, and glad that we had made lots of food. It was fun to see old friends, family that had driven lots of hours to see us, and just relax and have some fun.
My lovely bridesmaids: Kelsey (my sis) , Erin and Jill (my cousins), Megan (Tay's sister)

The handsome groomsmen: Jon and Matt (Tay's brothers) and Rob (my brother)

I loved our cake (too bad we didn't get to eat any. I heard it was delicious!)

Two hours flew by. We cut the cake, (but didn't get to eat any), did the customary throwing of the boquet and the garter (well, it was really a baby headband cause we couldn't find the garter), and headed off into the sun in our car that was decorated with frosting, rolls, and whipped cream, completed by strings of coke cans from the back.


This post wouldn't be complete without a shout out to this beautiful lady:
I am so lucky and blessed that she agreed to help me with all this crazy wedding stuff. She is one of the most talented women I have ever met. I mean did you see those centerpieces? She not only let us use her home, but gave so much of her time and talked me through a lot of decisions. Thanks Ronna for everything. We couldn't have done it with out you. We love you!

No comments: