Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sewing Equals Blood

Everytime I sew I end up bleeding. I know, not that suprising to some of you (a.k.a. Jenni) but somehow, through the blood, I keep trying my hand at this sewing thing. When I lived in Lehi Jenni and I spent hours sewing pillows and sashes for my dresses and Jenni even made some great curtains! I say hours, because it probably should have taken me a few minutes, but I always ended up bleeding which added to the total sewing time.

I hadn't broken out my sewing machine since I got married, probably because I was too afraid to do it without my sewing partner, but last Saturday Taylor had to work so I planned some projects. I made some fancified burp cloths (sorry no pics yet!) and now I am working on a baby sleeper made from my now too small BYU Hockey t-shirt. I am hoping it actually turns out wearable, since I ruined one of my favorite shirts to make it. Inevitably, when I was ripping out the seams on the tshirt, I got my finger instead, and yes, drew lots of blood. I try to tell Taylor how talented I am (haha) but with all this blood I'm sure he just shakes his head. I'll post some pictures when it's finished that way you can either praise me or just shake your head as well.
On to some news, IT'S ALMOST SPRING BREAK! We are leaving for Dallas tomorrow to see Kels and Grant. I can't wait! I promise pictures for that post!

No comments: