Monday, February 1, 2010

A little update

I think it's about time for a little update. First, and most exciting, I actually had a snow day on Friday. It was about 6:15 a.m. when my phone rang. On the line was the Superintendent saying that "Due to weather conditons, school has been cancelled for today." Poor Taylor was dead asleep until I yelled, "YES!". Needless to say, it was kind of a lazy day, but it was so nice to just relax, especially since my dear little first graders had been kind of a mess that week.
I could really get used to this 4 day week thing. The week before last we had Monday off for Inservice, this week the kids have early release for 3 days for conferences, next week I get Wednesday off to go to First Aid and CPR training, and then the week after that I have inservice on Friday, and Presidents day on Monday. Two weeks of full school and then a four day week, followed by Spring Break. Unfortunately after that It's 5 weeks straight, but then it's the end of school (CRAZY!)
In other news, we get to find out what flavor of child we are having in two weeks! I am so excited. I don't know how people go all nine months without finding out! I've already found some options for strollers, carseats, pack and plays, etc. but I want to wait to find out the gender just to make sure. Taylor has been so sweet thoughout the past 5 months. He talks to the baby and makes sure I'm comfortable, that I've taken my vitamins, that I get to bed early, and that my cravings are all satisified. Like Saturday, we had planned to use our gift card to Olive Garden, but I suddlenly had a craving for a cheeseburger and fries, and my wonderful husband, despite his desire to be healthy, ate at Freddy's Steakburgers with me. That's love folks!
One thing we haven't done is taken a belly shot. I've always been self concious about that area, and now I'm supposed to show everyone how big I've gotten? Considering I'm almost 20 weeks, I'm nowhere near where pictures tell me I should be, and the doctor keeps telling me I'm "measuring small", I think I'll hold off on showing the world my "chubby" belly for a little while longer. Though, today I am wearing a maternity shirt and I've had 4 people tell me I've "popped out". We will see.
On Taylor's horizon, he still isn't feeling better from the beginning of the month so it was back to the doctor. They put him on another round of meds, so hopefully he will be getting better soon. He has a job interview this week, and we are praying that it works out. We need to start the "baby fund." We are doing good, half of us are healthy, and we haven't frozen in this ridiculous weather, so we consider ourselves lucky and blessed!

No comments: