Friday, February 26, 2010

A little time to breathe...

My little delinquent is no longer in my class. He got expelled, which esentially means he just got moved to another school. Over the course of the last few days I have gone through so many emotions. From feeling like I've failed to feeling relieved that maybe I won't have quite so many issues to deal with for the next three months. It's amazing how much different my class is with just that one student gone. We do miss him, but at the same time, yesterday I was able to get through a whole lesson without having to put someone at the "safe spot". It's not to say I still don't have my "challenges". This year has been a learning year for sure. I never knew how trying a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds could be. I think I've cried more this year than I have in the previous 3 years combined. But I think I have also grown more. I'm still not convinced that 1st grade is my favorite, but for now it's do-able. It helps when the sun is shining outside, and the kids actually go outside for recess. Only about 57 more days with kids. Only about 12 more weeks of school left. In the words of a great literary character "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"

No comments: