Thursday, December 17, 2009

McFarland Christmas Letter


This year has been such a whirlwind for the both of us. We met in January, spent countless hours driving back and forth between Ogden and Lehi, vistited both our families, got engaged, and then got married in Salt Lake on June 27th. Our honeymoon consisted of a 2,000 mile drive from Utah, down to Costa Mesa, and back up the coast, stopping in Laguna Beach, Newport, Huntington, Santa Barbara and L.A, to Taylor's parents for our open house. We then drove another five hundred miles to Boise, for our reception there. After that it was back to Utah to pack up our stuff for the move to Kansas.




We have been in Kansas for five months now, though it seems longer. Taylor is enjoying his masters program in Sports Administration and even got straight A's this semester. He works so hard, and balances an Internship as well. As for me, I have adjusted to teaching first grade here in Wichita. Some days I come home and wonder what I was thinking, but most days I love it. We have also enjoyed our callings, Taylor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency and me in the Primary Presidency. We have made some good friends, and even been invited to watch some BYU games with them!




We have enjoyed a visit from my mom, and visited Taylor's family in California for Christmas. Though Taylor really wants a dog, I convinced him that a flat screen would suffice for now (there wasn't much convinving I had to do). We have loved being married and are approaching our 6th month anniversary. This year has brought such wonderful blessings, and we know there are many more to come in 2010.

No comments: