Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Bump

I figured it's time to do a pregnancy update, though I'm not sure that many people, other than my family and in-laws actually care. Taylor and I went to the Doctor yesterday, after waiting what seemed like forever since our last appointment!
The doctor weighed me and I have only gained a pound since my last appointment, a small miracle after surviving Christmas and New Years (plus, I feel like I'm constantly eating!) The doctor also said I'm measuring small, and once we can actually get a decent belly picture I'll post one. I've felt silly posting one, because it kind of just looks like I ate a really big meal, not a baby bump.
The first nurse (the same one as last time) couldn't find the baby's heartbeat at first. She had the doplar clear up by my chest, I swear! Then she brought in another nurse an she found the heartbeat within a few seconds. I had been having some wierd pains in my chest so I was estactic to actually hear the baby's heartbeat. It was beating at 158 beats per minute, and according to an old wives tale, anything above 140 promises a girl....we will see.
We go back February 15 to see what "flavor" our little "dino" is. I'm so excited. So place your bets now!

No comments: