Monday, October 19, 2009

Quick Catch-Up

Lots has been going on around our house lately, but with no internet, I have had to wait to catch you all up. People have called just to make sure we haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and to them thank you! We haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, just been insanely busy. Seriously.

Last Sunday Taylor got called to be the First Counselor in the Elder's Quorum. He is doing a great job so far. Unfortunately, his meetings start at 9:00 a.m. and mine, for Primary, start at 10:00, so we don't really see each other until after church.

Last Tuesday was Tay's birthday. The big 2-7! We celebrated all weekend by going out to dinner, treating ourselves to a movie and popcorn, and being together. On his actual birthday, I had to work and he had school (ugh. Midterms), so when he got home (two hours early!!!) I had the house all decorated, his presents all laid out, and dinner in the oven. I even attempted to make an ice cream pie, but because he was 2 hours early, it didn't really have enough time to set. It was yummy anyways. Now that he is 27, Taylor says he's an "old-man" and has been going to bed before me! Who would have thought I'd ever see that day!

Today, after work, I am headed up to Topeka with a few other teachers to attend a conference. It will be our first night apart! It seems wierd to think that I slept by myself for so many years, and now I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it. Taylor said last night he rolled over and got an elbow to the eye. I don't think he'll mind having the bed all to himself for one night! But I do know he'll miss me.

This week is also parent teacher conferences, which I am NOT looking forward to. Though it does signal that we are already 1/4 done with the school year, I am not excited about sitting down to talk with the parents of some of my "naughties". Taylor was reading my notes for conferenes, and just laughing. Yep, some days I wonder why I chose this. I guess I'm just a glutton for pain.

On a positive note...5 1/2 weeks before we go to California to see the McFarland Clan, and 9 1/2 weeks till we go to Boise to see the Peterson Posse. I'm so excited!!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Look at your cute blog! Hope conferences go well. Gotta love it. We were just glad not to have to talk to Mrs. Lui this year:)